CALL 609-654-5489

Traffic Offenses – Former Prosecutor

No Nonsense, Former Prosecutor and Experienced Traffic Offense Lawyer. ?No frightening letters. ?No unfulfilled promises.

We aren’t going to try to frighten you into hiring us by sending you sensationally exaggerated letters telling you that you might go to jail for a routine traffic ticket. ?We aren’t going to try to sell you our services by giving you some “pie-in-the-sky” cheap talk about your prosepects, only to disappoint you when your day in court arrives. ?None of that. ?All we will do is give you an honest assessment of your situation, and range of consequences, and our best guess as to the outcome, what we think your fines will be, and how much we will charge you for our services. ?And, don’t be too surprised if we tell you that hiring us (or any other firm for that matter) isn’t going to change the outcome all that much. ?We did not build the great reputation we have by going to court just to plead you guilty to the original charge. ?Not without putting up a fight, anyway.

If you have received a traffic ticket in New Jersey recently, you have probably been inundated with letters and solicitations from other attorneys trying to unfairly frighten you into hiring them as your attorney. This is a result of fairly recent attorney ethics opinions and the New Jersey Open Public Records Act which allows attorneys to obtain municipal court records and send direct mail solicitations to your home offering their services. It is very unsettling to me how threatening some of those letters seem to be.


The fact is, you do not always absolutely “need” an attorney to represent you in Municipal Court. ?However, in 95% of the cases you would be much better off with an attorney representing you, because the attorney?(1)?is familiar with the policies and procedures of the court, (2) knowledgeable about the law as it applies to your situation, (3) better qualified to raise defenses on your behalf that you may not otherwise have thought of, (4) better able to negotiate more effectively with the prosecutor on your behalf, and (5) better able to plead mitigating circumstances to the judge during sentencing. ?As a former municipal prosecutor and public defender with over 20 years of experience working as an employee of the Municipal Court system, I can assure you that I know the system well and you will be well represented. ?In the vast majority of cases, we can work out a plea bargain with the prosecutor and the police officer to get you fewer points, and quite often, no points at all!

Many violations have points and surcharges attached to them. For example, speeding in excess of 14 mph and less than 30 mph over the limit is a four point violation. Careless driving carries two points. Reckless driving, passing a school bus, speeding over 30 mph more than the speed limit, or tailgating each carry five points. For a complete and up to date schedule of points assessed by thee Division of Motor Vehicles on the most common violations by the click here.

The dilemma is whether or not the cost of legal representation is a good value when compared to the penalties you will likely face. My fees run from $450.00 to $1,200.00 depending on the seriousness of the offense, the type and location of the court, and the potential penalties you face. In most instances, I can give you an accurate cost estimate over the telephone. Email Us email or call 609-654-5489??to discuss your situation with an experienced Municipal Court attorney.

To get started,?just tap ?609-654-5489? ?on your cell phone.

If you prefer E-MAIL, ?go to ?Contact Us? and we will get right back to you.


Disclaimer: Although I am an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of New Jersey, the information on this website is for general information purposes only and is not to be construed as legal advice. Every situation is different and there are many exceptions for every legal principal or rule. You must consult with an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction for help and advice. If you reside in the State of New Jersey, I can provide you with legal advice, however, it needs to be done in person, by telephone, or by video conferencing.